Dear fellow typesetters.

For my M-Tx typesetting of choral- and recorder ensemble music I use to
prepend the scores by a 'pseudo bar' containing voice ranges for each
part indicated with solid note-heads only. Until now I've been
implementing that by setting blind rests in that bar and using in-line
musixtex for drawing the voice ranges. I've been using \zcharnote with
absolute vertical positioning of \znq.

However, for a madrigal by Marcello Tosone (see the Icking Archive
Tosone index) I wanted to supply 2 different separate parts for the Alto
part, one in actual pitch for singers and one an octave higher for
treble recorders (recorder notation is another discussion!). I also
wanted the range indication to be automagically transposed. For that
purpose I've developed a couple of musixtex macros doing what I want.
You'll find them in the input file, mysetup.tex, used for this
typesetting. The macros allow you to transpose the score to another key
including the range indications.

Among my needs is to surround some of the range indication noteheads,
possibly preceded by accidentals, by parentheses. It turns out that the
musixtex macros \lpar and \rpar fail if noteheads have accidentals.
Therefore I've also added my own 'home-spun' macros \Lpar and \Rpar that
require explicite parameters for their due horizontal positioning. These
macros are referenced by a special version of the voice macros.

I'm interested in comments and suggestions for improvement of the macros
in question.

Best regards
--
Christian Mondrup, Sheet Note Editor