I invite proposals for an alternate style for bar numbers. I could make it an
"A" option in PMX. Please provide a PMX input snippet with in-line TeX to
illustrate your proposal. There could even be more than one alternate style. I
don't think this would be very hard to implement in PMX.

--Don Simons