>|After maintaining the WIMA software archive ever since Werner's
 >|passing in 2001, I've decided to step down, and Bob Tennent has
 >|agreed to take over the task. He's suggested and I've agreed that the
 >|archive should be reorganized and updated to reflect the fact that
 >|working distributions of MusiXTeX, PMX, and M-Tx are now reliably
 >|available from TeXLive, MiKTeX, and MACTeX, and that all current
 >|files are accessible in CTAN as well. So don't be surprised to see
 >|some changes in the upcoming weeks.

Hi all. I've been working on a re-design. A first draft is available
here:

http://linus.cs.queensu.ca/software/

This is mostly new material. The existing material at WIMA will be
integrated into the Addons, Betas, Archive, and Related Software
sections.  I'm using latex2html to generate the web pages.

I'm hoping to get comments and suggestions on the material and the
organization. The Getting Started material should be idiot-proof so if
you have a qualifying friend, please turn them loose on it, or even try
it yourself :+) Don's recent "adventures" were very helpful in pointing
out potential lacunae in the instructions.

I haven't gotten my hands on a Mac for testing the MacTeX instructions
yet but I expect to get a loaner soon.

Bob T.