On Sat, 14 Nov 2015, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

I didn't find in the MusiXTeX manual a command to type a non-spacing rest,
analogous to, e.g., \zql{p} for a non-spacing note.  In polyphonic scores,
non-spacing rests often occur.  Now I'm typing in MusiXTeX language the first
three-voices Sinfonia for keyboard in C major by J. S. Bach, and in bars 11 and
12 non-spacing rests are present.

Personally I say \z_some_note at the note coming along with the rest and I let the rest do the spacing job afterwards.

I remember an old manual saying "rests are hboxes", so probably this makes designing a non-spacing rest macro difficult. :-)

Jean-Pierre Coulon