Hi Bob,

the new tremolo commands are exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

On the other hand I wonder, whether the "Leitmotiv" on the title page of musixdoc.pdf 1.19:
If you are not familiar with TEX at all, I would recommend
to find another software package to do musical typesetting.
Setting up TEX and MusiXTEX on your machine and mastering it is
an awesome job which gobbles up a lot of your time and disk space.
But, once you master it. . .
Hans KUYKENS (ca. 1995)
is still valid.

In the end you will need some acquaintance with TeX and MusiXTeX, but to my opinion a beginner can get results within a day, using e.g. MikTeX on Windows, PMX and the book of Noack.

Does anybody know how many people around the earth are using "MusiXTeX and friends"?

When we want that MusiXTeX survives among the very many competing products
(see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scorewriters) , then, I believe,we should try to acquire more users
and not deter them.

Regards, Dieter