Hi Don,

I have made good experience with the non free SHARPEye from Nvidia (UK): from scanned note sheet to MusicXML or Midi.

Then I discovered a free product "Audiveris" from France, but did not yet succeed to install it.

It is based on Java, and there was sort of a mess with respect to Java 32 Bit and Java 64 Bit.

Would be great, when someone could resolve this problem.

You can also send me the PDF and I will see what I can do. This Audiveris thing should be able to
work directly on the PDF file and would not need additional scanning.

Regards,
Dieter