IF typesetting music with lyrics is your major concern,

I recommend to use PMX together with the package "musixlyr" (by RainerDunker).

Sample in the attachment.

Regards,
Dieter

Am 29.04.2018 um 10:23 schrieb Dirk Laurie:

However, I started using MusiXTeX and PMX in the meantime and did have quite
a hard time finding appropriate PMX example files for my particular needs.
E.g. the first example I became aware of that would be with lyrics, was
netsoos.pmx (it's mentioned in section 6.1 of the PMX manual), but since I
could not produce a netsoos.pmx from the netsoos.mtx I had to go on
searching for another example.
Note that netsoos.pmx uses the M-Tx lyrics system: everything is done by
inline TeX using macros from mtx.tex. There is nowadays a native PMX lyrics
system that does not require you to load mtx.tex

---
\input musixtex
\input pmx
\input musixlyr
\setlyrics{b}{Net soos ek   is,   net soos ek   is,   O  Lam van  God, ek
kom.}
\setlyrics{t}{Net soos ek   is,    O  Lam van  God,_  ek   kom.}
\setlyrics{a}{Net soos ek   is,   net soos ek   is,   O  Lam van  God, ek
kom.}
\setlyrics{s}{Net soos ek   is,   net soos ek   is,   O  Lam van  God, ek
kom.}
\auxlyr{\lyrraise1{a-10pt}}
\auxlyr{\lyrraise2{a+15pt}}
\lyrraise2{b+10pt}
---
2 -2 1 1 3 4 3 4  0.00000 2 1 1 20 0

bt
./
w190m
\\setinterinstrument{1}{9\Interligne}\
\\sepbarrules\
\\grouptop12\groupbottom11\
\\input musixlyr \
\\def\at#1{\lyrraisehere{#1\internote}}\

\assignlyrics1{b}\
 a43 a4   a4 | g2d | g4 g4   g4 | f2d | b4- g4+ f4 | e2   a4- | d2d ofd RD //

\auxlyr{\assignlyrics1{t}}\
 rp+6 | b43 e4   d4 | c2d | a4 d4  c4 | (S b2d | b2 )S g4 | f2d /

\assignlyrics2{a}\
 d44s g4  f4 | e2d | e4  f4   e4 | d2d | d4 d4r d4 | d2   c4 | d2d //

\auxlyr{\assignlyrics2{s}}\
 b44  b4  b4 | b2d | a4  a4   a4 | a2d | d4 e4- f4 | g2   e4 | d2d of /