I typeset a piece for piano and another instrument. The use is to typeset the other instrument in smaller size in the piano part.

In a passage where the other instrument has the fastest notes the horizontal spacing is governed by this instrument (measure 3).

Why do I have to say \multnoteskip\tinyvalue at this passage for the spacing to be reduced to tiny? Shouldn't this be automatic when I address the instrument in tinyvalue? (line 18 of my example)

--
Jean-Pierre Coulon
\input musixtex

\instrumentnumber2
\setstaffs12
\setstaffs21
\setsize2\tinyvalue

\setclef1{\bass\treble}
\setclef2\treble

\startpiece
\NOtes\qa{JKLM}|\qa{kljh}&\wh j\en
\bar% 2
\NOtes\wh M|\qa{cdfe}&\qa{nlkj}\en
\bar% 3
%\NOtes\wh L|\wh g&\qa{nlkj}\en
\NOtes\wh L|\wh g&\multnoteskip\tinyvalue\qa{nlkj}\en
\stoppiece
\end