Don and Dieter:

  >The only PMX problem here occurs with a 2-note, unbeamed
  >grace. It's true that PMX chokes on this, and its also
  >true that with some effort I could modify the code to
  >make it work. But really?? Is there any composer in the
  >history of the world who has ever called for multiple
  >unbeamed grace notes on a single note??

I agree that PMX should not be expected to deal with
this. But what is Dieter to do? It's always hard to
handle "exceptions" in a pre-processor, even harder in a
pre-pre-processor, and harder still when the input is likely
generated mechanically and is not readable by the user,
so pointing to an offending construct in the xml isn't
user-friendly. But having the system point to a line in the
generating code after a crash is even less user-friendly.

Ideally Dieter's code should detect the offending contruct,
generate a warning message, and press on generating *valid*
pmx, ignoring the offending construct.

Bob