Thanks Christian. gfortran is indeed an alternative but
perhaps you need to be reminded why translation to C
is important: TeXLive won't accept Fortran (or Pascal
or Oberon) sources. So the reason PMX and M-Tx are
distributed in TeXLive and available without compilation
for all their supported platforms is that I use f2c or p2c
to translate to C before distributing a tarball.

In the case of scor2prt, an unusual and apparently obsolete
format is being accepted by gfortran but has confused the
most recent version of f2c. This has now been fixed and a
corrected version of the pmx package has been uploaded to
WIMA and CTAN. It will no doubt be in texlive-2021.

Similarly, with the assistance of Mike Spivey, the
obc Oberon interpreter is being used to enable a
TeXLive-friendly version of Dieter's xml2pmx translator.
I expect xml2pmx will appear for the first time in
texlive-2021.

Bob T.