Martin Reed wrote on Fri, 9 Nov 2001 19:48:49 +0000:

> to stop the following error
> ! Misplaced \noalign.
> \hline ->\noalign
>                   {\ifnum 0=`}\fi \hrule \@height \arrayrulewidth
> \futurelet...
> l.13 \hline

[...]
> \begin{tabular}{|p{0.3\textwidth}|p{0.65\textwidth}|}
> \hline
> 1 & 2 \\
> \hline
> 3 & 4 \\
> \hline
> \end{tabular}

Argh, this is a well-known problem, I just didn't make the
connection...

The line

> \g@addto@macro\@arrayparboxrestore\raggedright

you deleted was meant to make all parboxes and minipages
act `raggedright', because I felt the behaviour of seminar
to set everything in raggedright but switch back to justified
in parboxes inconsistent.

I accepted it as a welcome bonus that this extended to p
columns of tabulars, but forgot that \raggedright redefines
\\ so that \\ will end a line _in the p column_ instead of
ending a table row. This also happens when \raggedright
is added to an individual column by >{\raggedright}
(with the array package) and can be circumvented by ending
tabular rows with \tabularnewline.

I have modified the development version of powersem
to use seminar's raggedright mechanism (controlled by
\raggedslides) instead of \raggedright, which not only
is more canonical, but also avoids this error message.

Please try again with

http://lrb.cs.uni-dortmund.de/~lehmke/texpower/preview/powersem.cls

if you like.

regards
Stephan

--
  Stephan Lehmke                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Fachbereich Informatik, LS I   Tel. +49 231 755 6434