ChatWatcher
from CNN.com
=> Join our chats at: http://cnn.com/chat
=> Message boards: http://community.cnn.com/cgi-bin/WebX?13@@
=> Send us your thoughts: http://cnn.com/feedback
Welcome to CNN's ChatWatcher update, your source for
the best chats on the net.

Monday, December 13
Book chat at 5:30pm et
Chat with National Book Award Winner Kimberly Willis Holt
about "When Zachary Beaver Came to Town," her book for
young readers.

Tuesday,  December 14
Year 2000 chat at 1pm et
Our Year 2000 chat series continues with a discussion about
the future of sports in the next millennium with
Michael Massik, Executive Director of the U.S. Fencing
Association.

Book chat at 2pm et
Chat with Time correspondent Greg Burke about his essays
in "An Invitation to Joy" by Pope John Paul II.

Entertainment chat at 7pm et
Chat with actor Richard Farnsworth about his performance
in the film "Straight Story," as our Meet the Oscar
Hopefuls series begins.

TCM chat at 8pm et
Chat with Gloria Stuart, Academy Award nominee for
'older Rose' in "Titanic" and author of "I Just Kept Hoping,"
a memoir filled with gossip and behind the scenes stories.

Wednesday, December 15
Allpolitics chat at 12pm et
Join the first of two Congressional session wrap-up chats
with Congressman J.C. Watts, the House Republican
Conference Chairman.

Book chat at 2pm et
Chat with New York Times Bestselling author Richard
Paul Evans about his new book, "The Looking Glass."

Entertainment chat at 7pm et
Join our Meet the Oscar Hopefuls series. Chat with
Michael Clarke Duncan about his new movie "The Green Mile,"
and decide for yourself if it will be the hit of the season.

Entertainment chat at 8pm et
Chat with William H. Macy, Academy Award nominee for
his rolein "Fargo," about his new movie, "Magnolia,"
as our 'Meet the Oscar Hopefuls' series continues.

Thursday, December 16

Computing chat at 1 pm et
Chat about the recent suit by the Recording Industry
Association of America against Napster with Eileen
Richardson, the interim CEO of Napster.

Year 2000 chat at 4pm et
Chat about artificial intelligence with James Hendler,
Program Manager at the Defense Advanced Research Projects
Agency (DARPA), and Professor of Computer Science at the
University of Maryland, as our @2000 chat series continues.

Allpolitics chat at 4:30pm et
Join the conclusion of our mini chat series to discuss the
end of the Congresional session with Congressman Martin
Frost, Chairman of the Democratic Caucus.

Friday, December 17
Health Chat at 1pm et

Chat with CNN.com ethics columnist Jeffrey Kahn about the
American Medical Association's decision to notify the
Department of Motor Vehicles about risky drivers.

Sunday, December 19

Late Edition chat at 12pm et
Join our chat-along with CNN's Late Edition and chat with
other viewers during the live program which interviews the
newsmakers of the day

TOPIC CHATS

Topic chats for week of December 6, 1999
(All times EST)

CNN almanac/fringe news-Dec 13, 3-4pm
Sleep disorders-Dec 14, 4-5pm
New York's homeless policy-Dec 14 8-9pm
Dream2-Dec 15, 2-3pm
Chef Alan/holiday hors d'oeuvres-Dec 16 12pm
Entertainment, Dec 16 5-6pm
Space-Dec 17, 3-4pm
Millennium 2000-Dec 17, 5-6 pm
Week in Review-Dec 18, 7-8
Trivia-Dec 18, 8-9pm
Religion-Dec 18, 11-12pm

Author Michael Crichton joined the CNN.com chat room on
Friday, December 10,1999 to wrap up his book tour for his
latest, "Timeline." Here's what he said!

Question from DonLine:  Mr. Crichton, have you ever
considered going into politics and what do you think of the
current presidential candidates?

Michael Crichton: I could never be a politician.  For one
thing, it bores me silly. For another thing, I have always
said to reporters that I have done every bad thing there is
to do in my life, except shoot drugs.  So, my background
would not be acceptable.  And my three ex-wives wouldn't
like it either.

Read all of our chat transcripts at :
http://cnn.com/chat