In 1984 we had a QBUS-based 68000 (dual 68K, due to the paging flaw) that ran 9-track tapes off the end and gained about a good fraction of an hour a day on its clock. We complained to the vendor and they swapped CPU boards for us. Tapes worked fine, and the clock was more accurate, but programs ran slower. Hmmm.

Leigh.
 At 1:44 AM +0000 12/13/09, time-nuts-requ...@febo.com wrote:
 Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 17:29:17 -0800
 From: Colby Gutierrez-Kraybill <co...@astro.berkeley.edu>
 Subject: [time-nuts] 60Hz mains clocking in computers
 To: time-nuts@febo.com

 I'm trying to get to the bottom of whether or not any computing
 equipment made around the advent of UNIX systems (or any time-slicing
 system) used the mains cycles of 60Hz as phase lock for the internal
 system clock.  My guess is that perhaps they did not as the computing
 logic is DC based, but, I have memories of using an 68000 based UNIX
 system that I thought had its internal clock based off of the 60Hz
 mains...  Not sure the vendor anymore.