This is close to the project I showed at the SF Bay Area Maker Faire in May. I showed fractional ppb difference measurements using a $25 flea market scope.

The photo below is by a former NIST Cs fountain researcher who stopped by:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/oskay/4640673869/in/set-72157623988565617/

Leigh/WA5ZNU