Hi John and group -

For us germans, american magazines always look overloaded with advertisments. The marketenders don't like to hear that the generations under 40-50 are mostly advertisment blind just by natural adaption. The times where I read paper electronics are long gone. The Internet completely took over. Sometimes I go for wooden pdfs in the local university library.

But back to the interesting subject - that I personally not fully resolved so there is a need of discussion!
Here is a first insight:
http://waltjung.org/PDFs/Sources_101_P2.pdf

In general: LDO is bad. low Iq is bad too.

cheers -
Henry

--
ehydra.dyndns.info

J. Forster schrieb:
Electronic Products is not a real engineering publication. It is a forum
purely for new product releases. Always has been.

Articles there are almost always written by applications engineers for the
product being touted.

I got it free for decades, and threw the magazine away at once, unread.

Why, you ask? Simple, the EEM...  Electronic Engineers' Master, the giant,
multi-volume industry directory with company names and phone numbers,
about the size of a cinder block... came free, with a subscription.

Best,

-John