Poul-Henning Kamp schrieb:
> In message <4f64f279.4040...@arcor.de>, ehydra writes:
>> Marek Peca schrieb:
>
>>> This was almost the only reason for ferrite rod -- simplicity and
>>> attenuation of TVs, some LCDs, 50Hz etc.
>> If you make the antenna about 10x bigger you can omit the whole ferrite.
>
> I have used two antennas, an unloade air-coil, actually plastic-lid-coil:
>
>    http://phk.freebsd.dk/loran-c/Antenna/

Yeah. I remember the red.

The degaussing coil of old TVs can work. Some resonate at 50KHz which is a little low but it depends on the manufacturer. So try it.

> and a vertical monopole based on a Chris Trask design I can highly
> recommend:
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~christrask/Complementary%20Push-Pull%20Amplifiers.pdf
>
> In my implementation, it covered DC to 200MHz until I low-pass'ed it.

His designs are always a good source but this one is AC-coupled ;-)

A CD4069 is all one needs for first experiments. I was satisfied.

- Henry

--
ehydra.dyndns.info