On 3/28/2012 4:50 PM, Jim Palfreyman wrote:
Folks, I'm currently writing my thesis on pulsars, but I need to spend time
on it rather than here
I'd love to hear more about your thesis (offline question most likely).

I thought I'd add in the detail that I found on another site about one pulsar.

"For example, a pulsar called PSR J1603-7202 is known to have a period
 of 0.0148419520154668 seconds. However the periods of all radio pulsars
 are increasing extremely slowly. The period of PSR J1603-7202 increases
 by just 0.0000005 seconds every million years!"

I don't know how close you could get to syncing with a pulsar signal, but this
is one to discuss.

Thanks
Jim
http://outreach.atnf.csiro.au/education/everyone/pulsars/