Corby,

yes, the green light comes on, but when I turn the osc. fine control by more than +/- 30, it goes off. The output frequency changes with the fine adjust, so that narrow range appears more like a pseudo lock indication. I can even unplug A8P6 and the green light is still on. Output from the phase detector is there, but the oscillator control instrument doesn't show any significant move.

The 2nd harmonic meter reading is near full scale.

I'm suspecting a problem with the OP Amp. It does not work as described in the functional test. And, when I apply DC to the input at A8P6, the control voltage shows only a small jump and goes slowly back to the initial value. That's not exactly what I expect from an integrator.

Adrian

cdel...@juno.com schrieb:
Adrian,

You say it does  not lock.

When you put in operate and push the logic reset button does the green
light come on?

What is the 2nd harmonic meter reading?

  If too low the logic will not turn on the green light. Raise the reading
via the A7 gain adjust thru the front panel hole.

Is the green light burnt out?

In operate and looking at the control voltage on the meter does the
control voltage "follow" a slow adjustment back and forth of the fine
Quartz adjust?

Corby