I've lost track now of who it was, but someone asked if there was a better strategy than a GPS disciplined quartz oscillator or a GPS disciplined rubidium. My best standard uses an SRS PRS10 rubidium disciplined by GPS PPS at tau = VERY long (> ~12 hours), using the PRS10's internal PPS locking. The rubidium, in turn, disciplines my best OCXO at tau >300 seconds. So, for tau less than ~300 seconds the stability is determined by the OCXO; for tau greater than ~300 seconds and less than ~12 hours, the stability is determined by the rubidium; and for tau > ~12 hours, the stability is determined by GPS. I have found that this works very well.

Note that the PRS10's digital PPS PLL has a bewildering array of adjustable parameters. One can easily get lost exploring different combinations. My advice is to keep it as simple as possible.

Best regards,

Charles