no, No, NO granite!  Granite tends to be rather radioactive (particularly avoid
the pink stuff).  Any audiofool worth his tin ears can't have no stinkin'
alpha/beta/gamma particles mucking with his music!
BTW,  before I bought my house, I tested all the granite surfaces with my
rather nice scintillator.   The real estate agents were rather bemused...  but
when one bought his own house had me give it the once over... he had read up on
the subject..  Oh,  and I've never seen a fireplace that didn't tick like a
mother...