-----Original Message----- From: Tony [] I'm considering designing and building some dataloggers, probably ARM Cortex based (eg. STM32F4xx), which record the time of infrequent events, preferably to better than 100ns and if possible better than 50nS. The data loggers will be continuously powered, in fixed locations and should have reasonably good views of the sky so the use of a low cost GPS module should be feasible. I believe it shouldn't be too difficult to resolve the PPS timing to +/- 5ns or better with a 100MHz+ microcontroller clock, but obviously jitter would add to the error requiring the GPS to be better than perhaps 90ns or so worst case.
[]

The MAX-7Q has a TCXO and works well as a PPS source.

 https://www.u-blox.com/en/gps-modules/pvt-modules/max-7.html

or perhaps the MAX-M8Q but I've not played with one of those.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-tay...@blueyonder.co.uk