For civilian use, Miles/hour and inches Hg. Aviation and marine would be knots and inches Hg.

Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Sims" <hol...@hotmail.com>
To: <time-nuts@febo.com>
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 9:16 PM
Subject: [time-nuts] Weather/units question for European members

I am building a weather sensor that includes a ultrasonic anemometer to measure wind speed, direction, and air temperature. It uses 4 cheap ($1 each) HC-SR04 ultrasonic rangefinder modules that output a pulse width proportional to the time of flight of the sound signal (topic is time nut related since it simultaneously measures the speed of sound in 4 directions to a pretty good accuracy/resolution using a cheap-ass microprocessor - ATMEGA328 (like and Arduino)... and does so without using any counter-timer channels). Now the question... I would like it to be able to output data in imperial or metric units. In what units is the typical wind speed reported (meters/sec, km/hour, ?). Also air pressure (millibars/hectopascals/pascals/?).