> Why not use something that is 100% respectable and well known, like github
Yes, it will put up on Github (and with a GPL type license),  but the Linux
version is a bit too much of an early work-in-progress hack right now.
I would greatly appreciate and comments / experiences from anybody that is
using it on Linux ... off-list please.  Things like what Linux you have tried
it on,  flakiness observed, well... anything.  It's my first attempt at X11
programming (I purposely avoided using higher level libraries like gtk, qt,
wxwidgets, etc).  I'm a bit surprised how easy/well it came up...  that can't
be good.