A friend on mine once worked on  projects to build very sensitive magnetometers
(submarine detection and space probes).  Their test lab was in the middle of a
square mile of land selected for its low magnetic residue properties.   The
building was made completely (of carefully selected) wood... no nails, etc.
Everything that went into the construction was scanned.

You had to hike into or be ferried into the lab... no cars allowed anywhere
near the place.   You also had to wear specially selected clothes (no metallic
fasteners, residue, dyes, etc).   No metal eyeglasses, etc allowed.   No
wallets (credit cards) or currency allowed (magnetic ink,  the things could
detect a dollar bill across the room).  No amalgam dental fillings or medical
implants allowed.  I always wondered how they allowed any test equipment,
electricity, etc into the place...