Hi,

we are using Tinc in our Freifunk Network in Oldenburg for internode
connections over the internet. So Tinc is running on OpenWrt 10.03 on Dlink
Dir-300 Routers.
We all have enough internet bandwith (1,6 MB/sec and more) but we only get a
maximum speed of ~350KB/sec between two tinc nodes because then tinc uses 99%
of the cpu.

Is it possible to get more Speed with tinc on this machines? I think we have
compression and encryption already turned off so what is using the cpu?

Our Tinc configuration looks like this:
---------
Name = 0014224074A7
Mode = Switch
Port = 655
#PingTimeout = 30
Hostnames=yes
PMTUDiscovery=yes
Cipher = none
Compress = 0
Digest = none
IndirectData = yes
ConnectTo=0021912CF309
ConnectTo=00240117B755
ConnectTo=batgw
ConnectTo=0022B0967CD7
ConnectTo=0014224074A7

If there is no way to get more speed, do you know another VPN-Solution which
is better concerning speed? We dont need security because the network is
completely open, but we need speed.

Thank you
Clemens