On Wed, 30 Jun 2021, Roman Mamedov wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jun 2021 19:36:48 +0200 (CEST)
Erich Eckner <SRS0=V1rx=LY=eckner.net=t...@mijnuvt.nl> wrote:

Thanks for the information - With this app, I have now tinc successfully
running on my android phone, too :-)

Only minor thing: It successfully connects to two tinc nodes "in the
internet", but fails to connect to the tinc node running on my router -
this one is only reachable indirectly via the other nodes.

Accessing a service on the router from inside its LAN, using the router's
public IP, will not always work. That's called NAT hairpinning or NAT loopback:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairpinning
Check if you have an option like that to enable in the router settings.

Oh, this will definitely not work - there are (at least) three nats
between the wifi and the internet: The router, the cable modem and the
upstream ISP.

But I'm also not trying this: I'm trying to access the router on its
internal ip (same subnet as the wifi itself).

This could be due to the phone using the wrong connection (it's connected
via cellular net and simultanously via wifi). Or it is some
misconfiguration on my part (firewall rules, public keys, ...)

Using the cellular connection it should work as is, but via WiFi it might not,
as described above.

There are no ports forwarded  from the outside to the router - see above
comment about NATs (at least one of them is beyond my control).

--
With respect,
Roman

regards,