Topic for IRC meeting. Is there a need for it and if yes, what should be the
configuration.

Is there a possibility for a experienced developer to create and share a
virtual development appliance e.g. in VirtualBox or Vmware?
it would be good i.m.h.o. to have a development configuration for beginners in
OpenERP development that will meet the minimal OpenERP standard and will avoid
most beginner configuration questions.

I think that at least the following should be in it:
* A directory with the latest sources from trunk, pulled with bazaar, so a bzr
pull command would download the latest revision.
* A configured python development environment, (where do Tiny developers work
with?) Is it only a editor like VIM or should it be a EDI e.g. Netbeans or
Eclipse.
* A configured debugger.
* It would be good then to have a starting document on the desktop that
explains the steps to the very basics of using that virtual development
appliance.

If this is not feasible for the short time, can someone give me some hints what
programs are commonly used by OpenERP developers and in case of IDE's how
developers have configured the debugger and OpenERP startup parameters in the
EDI?
Perhaps I'm able to make such a virtual appliance myself in that case.

With kind regards,
Jan

www.veritos.nl

http://www.openobject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=32611#32611