@cjalmeida
1)Do not mess the author rights with owner rights. In case of GPL one can not
separate code written by initial developer and other contributors - so if you
sell code which is based on or derived of GPL licensed soft, you break the
license - You are selling what you are not owning.

2) I can not imagine if the module could be run without this software or with
other software, so that it fulfills it's purpose. So I can not imagine if
Axelor's modules and webclients can do the same - they are effectively useless
without OpenERP.

You can read example cases for the GPL license - for example if software are
able to function only on single DB which is GPL licensed - it should be
licensed under GPL too. But if software are not dependent on a single DB
engine, but can use several, possibly proprietary inclusive, you can choose
under which license you are going to distribute.

Of coarse there are number things related to OpenERP, which could be licensed
under different license types, or reside in gray zone, but it is not the case
with above mentioned. Anyway it is a theme for another thread...

3) Agree with you.

4) About "20%" - I agree with you, so we can see that Tiny effectively lowered
total cost of software on rapid distribution, testing etc., because of GPL
license - efforts and involvement of thousands of people. Which would normally
cost empirical sum of money...

The question is not about, whether or not post code under launchpad, which, by
the way, by major misconception are thought to be a Tiny's development - it is
for free, and costs nothing to Tiny.

> Why not, you can both put in your website and push into LP.

Which we will probably be doing, but not under Tiny's realms, because of Tiny's
and its some partners unethical behavior on modules and Tiny's stubborn refusal
in doing normal OpenERP developer/contributor directory with respective works -
by only promoting paid partners.

For example, there are "partners" in the partners directory, who does nothing
on OpenERP and by all means are only end users of the system, who are not even
close to IT or consulting business. Is it normal?

In case of a directory think of Joomla and it's directory - the free software
too... (although, far not all of the modules are free - again crippled
situation)

Who does more, contributor who posts 500SLOC module or partner who pays 4K of
euros for partnership. How much code could you develop for a money raised from
a partner not giving back a thing, only it's fee?

In this case you effectively buy a "right" to spit on a GPL, and sell modules
and derived software, right? So not contributing back to the community - member
of which by the way is Tiny too (off coarse not forgetting Fabien started the
project).

And do not preach that with proprietary software you have to purchase developer
license too - in that case you get at least some guarantee that there will not
be freelancers on the market.

Remember Fabien have once decided to release the thing under GPL, so please -
behave appropriately.

sraps

http://www.openobject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=35289#35289