@rvalyi

> But this is not suitable to migrate the whole ERP with things like
> accounting, partial reconciliations etc... (as ids, states will changes...)

Our migration tool handles ID mapping automatically out of the box. It is even
possible to do dynamic mapping, like connecting account movements from donor
base to accounts created in a new base, by their codes.

If I get asked if it is possible to create per module migration scripts? I
would say - it isn't. It will create overhead to a developer and no real
benefit. I have not seen such approach working out of the box, for so
complicated (not only technically), but rather logically, ERP like system.
Tryton? They have much fewer modules, and they are coming by more or less
single group of developers.

> Fortunately also, there is no rush, those guys which are okay with v5 could
> migrate to v6 at the end of 2011

:) We played around with new 6th version, it is green, no to say more. It will
be at least 9 months after first official release to be stable enough, to jump
on, just the same as it was with with 5th version.

> the more they will wait, the harder they will find any skilled integrator
> wanting to do extension on their v5 version.

I do not agree, if the software will spread enough, more and more people will
start working on it. If customer pays the same money, I do not care on what
version to work.

BR

Kaspars
http://kndati.lv