As an FYI:

Tmote Sky does have Rosc
see http://www.moteiv.com/products/docs/tmote-sky-datasheet.pdf

TelosB (sold by others) does *not* have Rosc
see http://www.tinyos.net/hardware/telos/telos-revb-2004-09-27.pdf

Note that you have to enable Rosc.  In Boomerang, this is done by
defining MSP430_USE_ROSC_8MHZ.  There is no equivalent functionality
in TinyOS 2.x.

Add the following to your Makefile when compiling with Boomerang:
CFLAGS += -DMSP430_USE_ROSC_8MHZ

-Joe

On 2/16/07, Steve McKown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Friday 16 February 2007 11:26, Szymon Fedor wrote:
> Thanks Steve. That is what I did. I copied the Msp430ClockP.nc into the
> application directory and changed the line setting the BCSCTL2 register and
> I set the constant TARGET_DCO_KHZ = 8192. It doesn't change the application
> execution time.

I know this works for clock rates of 1MHz, 2MHz and 4MHz.  I can't honestly
recall if I ever tried 8MHz.  If it doesn't work, then perhaps there is a
problem with the calibration routines.  I think the code uses TimerA, so its
frequency might be important.  Sorry, I haven't looked at this in quite a
while...

> Are you sure about the utility of the Rosc? I still think
> the external Rosc can increase the CPU clock. The msp430f1116 data sheet
> states that DCO frequency is higher with DCOR=1 in comparison to the
> configuration with DCOR=0 (page 37: DCO when using ROSC).

Well, yes.  If the value of the external Rosc is different from the internal
value, then the fundamental frequency from which the DCO clock is derived
would be different.  But the msp430 can reach its full range of valid DCO
clock rates without the external resistor.  The external resistor option was
added as a mechanism to allow designs to improve upon the DCO's notoriously
bad clock drift.