depends on what you are trying to do.

1) let say if you want to track a person's location, you can apply location tracking algorithm using native RSSI value from the CC2420 radio or by detecting radio signal strength difference, you can say that an object go pass two Tmotes.

2) if you want to detect something moved in front of a sensor, maybe the infrad sensor is enough. Lookup proximity sensors.

From a research point of view, detecting RF field strength different is an interesting research topic (BUT some WSN research groups have done the same thing using RFID) :-)

regards;

Peizhao

Deepesh Jain wrote:
Hi,
In my academic project I want deploy a WSN to track a moving object. Please anybody can tell me which sensors are useful to track a moving object. I have tested easysen's SBT80 sensor , but still I am not able to understand the output of the program ListenSBT80vs.java which is available on easysen website. Also if anybody knows any other sensors please tell me. Is there any open source code or tutor is available for this project? Please reply as soon as possible,
Thanks in anticipation
Deepesh Jain