Thanks, Omprakash - that was what I was looking for. Another few lines fixed the missing group ID:

task uartSendTask() {
[...init variables...]
am_group_t group;
[...read RadioAMPacket fields...]
group = call RadioAMPacket.group(msg);
[...write UartAMPacket source address...]
call UartAMPacket.setGroup(msg, group);
[...call UartSend...]

Problem solved. Thanks.
Andreas

On 21/01/2008, at 13:44, Omprakash Gnawali wrote:

I committed a change to the BaseStation that makes it copy the source
field from the radio to the serial packet. Is that what you wanted?

- om_p

On Jan 21, 2008 2:33 AM, Andreas Reinhardt