You might be able to use basestation as a "basis" for your
re-Mote node, but I expect it would be easier to hack up
a demo app that reads from an internal sensor like O'scope.
The serial messages that basestation expects are the whole
TOS Message struct and your wind sensor probably doesn't
format it's data that way.

You are one the right track with the architecture, but you
should use the low level Uart component to read your sensor,
replacing the O'scope DemoSensor components. Unfortunately
there's not a lot of example code for that...but you can try
searching back on this list for discussions of Uart usage.

MS