To get to the actual TOS release for the nescc builds under T1,
I think what you need is something like this in your environment
(on Windows):

# Set main pointers used by TOS build system to find files
#  TOSROOT is for external programs, TOSDIR for makefiles
TV="tinyos-1.x" ## I use this to select specific TOS versions
export TOSROOT=C:/cygwin/opt/$TV
export TOSDIR=/opt/$TV/tos

I believe TOSDIR gets transliterated into a "%T" variable in
the Makefiles, i.e.: /opt/tinyos-1.x/tos

This is also required, but you probably already have it set:
export MAKERULES=/opt/$TV/tools/make/Makerules

Then, if there are extra bits of added TOS goodness in other
directories you can include them in the Makefile with PFLAGS
(this is probably what the VUTOS variable is trying to do)
like this:

EXTRATOS=../tos  ## or some %T/../contrib... directory

PFLAGS  += -I$(EXTRATOS)/platform/mica2 \
           -I$(EXTRATOS)/interfaces \
           -I$(EXTRATOS)/system

By figuring out where the files that the compiler is whining
about actually are you should be able to add the right directories.

Another option is to put it all together in your main tos and apps
directory structure, so you don't need the contrib searching...

For the Java problem you need to add the jar or root directory tree
that contains the classes of interest to your CLASSPATH, something
like this:

export CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH;C:/whevever/your/files/are;

Search for CLASSPATH for more info than you will ever need...

MS

giacomo_gioacch...@libero.it wrote:
> Dear all,
> I am using the AcousticLocalization app from the Vanderbilt University.
> I am trying to run the java app AcousticLocalization as is described in the
> README.txt file in:
> tools/java/net/tinyos/acousticlocalization/
> I get stuck at the point LAUNCHING THE ACOUSTICLOCALIZATION MODULE. In the
> AppLoader I enter the following command:
> net.tinyos.acousticlocalization.AcousticLocalization
> but I got the following error:
> Could not Found module:  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.tinyos.
> acousticlocalization.AcousticLocalization
> Any ideas on how to fix the problem?
> I'm quite newbbie in this subject, any help is greatly appreciated!!
> Thanks in advance,
> Giacomo

>>> Thanks,