You can definitely connect to the mote using IP if you include the ppp
component, that will let you send IPv6 packets from the computer to the MSP
without any hacks, and works well.  However, the TCP stack for blip is very
unreliable (unless someone's improved it!), and so I'm not sure that's
going to work well.  You could maybe use tftp instead; that would probably
work better for a lot of reasons.  You'll be able to see the packets in
wireshark with this approach if you attach to ppp0.

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Yuchen Jin <dianjinyuc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I want to write a Tinyos program to send TCP/IP packets to my computer via
> USB and detect it in Wireshark on my PC. I can't want to use blip because I
> don't have radio module now so I can just test it by serial communication.
> Thanks!!

stephen dawson-haggerty
http://cs.berkeley.edu/~stevedh
uc berkeley wireless and embedded systems lab
berkeley, ca 94720