I think you are right just looking at the math.

However, you will have to test it and watch how the algorithm behaves to
make sure it is functioning correctly.

I'm not familar enough with the algorithm nor the underlying principles to
eye ball it and get it right.

If you do figure it out please document it better.

thanks,

eric

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 12:55 AM, Jobish John <jobishjohn.m...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> While trying to understand the TinyOS implementation of FTSP, in one of
> the function, “calculateConversion()” from (TimeSyncP.nc), I have a small
> doubt in the below part,

> while( ++i < MAX_ENTRIES )
>    if( table[i].state == ENTRY_FULL )
>    {          /*
>                 This only works because C ISO 1999 defines the signe for
> modulo the same as for the Dividend!
>              */
>                localSum += (int32_t)(table[i].localTime - newLocalAverage)
> / tableEntries;
>                localAverageRest += (table[i].localTime - newLocalAverage)
> % tableEntries;
>                offsetSum += (int32_t)(table[i].timeOffset -
> newOffsetAverage) / tableEntries;
>                offsetAverageRest += (table[i].timeOffset -
> newOffsetAverage) % tableEntries;
>  }
> -----------------------------------
> I think we need to add a typecast (int32_t) for the localAverageRest
> calculation line also, That is, something like
> localAverageRest += (int32_t) (table[i].localTime - newLocalAverage) %
> tableEntries;
>
> Kindly suggest..
>
> Thanks for your valuable time
>
> Regards