Mike,

I'm copying the tinyos-users mailing list because this information
seems pertinent.  But, it currently and most directly applies to the
Linux 2.6 kernel configuration for omega.cs.

The Linux USB drivers seem to be in a continual state of flux, so it's
hard to pick a good version.  And, it seems that Linux 2.6.6 and later
are doing well (2.6.5 and before can choke), and the most recent the
better -- for instance, I've found 2.6.10 behaves better than 2.6.9.

Consistently across all 2.6 kernel versions, the USB EHCI (USB 2.0)
drivers don't work well with Telos.  I'm not sure why, probably
something to do with ECHI's relationship to the ftdi_sio or usbserial
drivers.  Regardless, I've found that the OHCI or UHCI (USB 1.1)
drivers work much better and more consistently.  Loading these as
modules instead of building them into the kernel seems to work better
with usb hotplug, as well.

So, can you rebuild the kernel with these options then load ONLY the
OCHI or UHCI driver (and not EHCI) on bootup (putting it in
/etc/modules or whatever)?

Device Drivers -->
USB Support -->
  <M> EHCI HCD (USB 2.0) support
  <M> OHCI HCD support
  <M> UHCI HCD (most Intel and VIA) support

Thanks,
Cory