Miss Moneypenny would make an excellent administrative assistant to any of our
department chairs.
"My name is Bond,James Bond."
or
"My name is Esterson,Allen Esterson."

And while on this subject,there seems to be the feeling that it is the
administrative assistant who runs the department.I have seen some who can
virtually run the department while the department chair is away.
How is it in your department? What are some of the positives as well as rhe
negative experiences you have had with administrative assistants(not necessary
in your department)?
I have known of some who have called faculty at 4AM to remind them to turn in
grades by 6 AM.
Btw,why are most department admin assistants women?( for example,
John B.Watson)

And as the cross-cultural dude on Tips,how is it in Europe with admin
assistants?

Michael "omnicentric" Sylvester,PhD
Daytona Beach,Florida