It is my understanding that Darwin almost did not make the trip on the HMS
Beagle.The captain did not not want him on the ship because he did not like the
look of Darwin.s nose.Just imagine if he did not make the trip we would perhaps
never have THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES and the creationists would be having a field
day.How olfactory challenged was Darwin? And how does ut rank with Cyrano de
Bergerac?
Btw,would the HMS be Her Majesty's Service or His Majesty's Service?

Michael "omnicentric" Sylvester,PhD
Daytona Beach,Florida