From: Mike Palij [mailto:m...@nyu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 12:40 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Cc: Mike Palij
Subject: [tips] The Happiest Place In the U.S....

is not New York State, in fact, NY appears to be the unhappiest place,
ranking 51st among the 50 states and the District of Columbia. How
do I know?  Because research tells me so as well as the NY Times.
See:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/22/nyregion/22nyc.html

The NY Times article summarizes a research study by Oswald
and Wu that appears in the journal Science.  Not mentioned in
the Times article is that the data was collected around 2002 if
memory serves.  Which kind of explains why Louisiana is ranked
#1 in happiness.

What was it that Milton said about ruling in hell versus serving
in heaven?

Unhappy Holidays Everyone!

-Mike Palij
New York University