The "yes...damn!" effect is one I have found myself caught in many a time. Most
vivid are all those conference presentations for which I submit proposals in
November and then find myself scrambling to give in April or May! But I just
recently really got myself into a pickle over a guest presentation we had in
our department that I agreed to facilitate...yes, several months ago, when it
seemed so easy to do because the semester had just gotten rolling along and
things were in a lull. It seemed like such a great idea at the time; but when
the time came, I was sooooooo stressed for time by advising and assignments
that I told all my colleagues to stop me the next time I committed to something
more than two weeks into the future!

I'm going to open that bottle of wine I've been saving for a special occasion.
I think it's tonight ;)

Annette

Annette Kujawski Taylor, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology