>In this instance, there are regulations regarding use of state property
for promotion of >religious or political beliefs.

If this indeed is the case, then I would respectfully submit to you that
this is an issue between the poster and his/her institution.  I don't
think it is our responsibility to determine whether or not another
poster is violating his/her institutional regulations.

By the way, if someone asserts an atheistic, agnostic, or New Age belief
system, isn't that using state property for the promotion of religious
beliefs?  Perhaps I ought to object when people make comments that stem
from their atheistic or agnostic worldviews?  All people have a
worldview.  I'm just suggesting that we respect people's beliefs and not
belittle people who have religious or faith-based worldviews.

>There is a difference between respecting someone else's beliefs and
allowing them to
>preach to you in a public forum, especially if the root message is,
"You are basically an >evil person who will go to Hell unless you
believe as I do." That IS the basic message of >the religion in
question. Evangelism shows a lack of respect for others who may be of
>other faiths. It is just impolite!

Interesting...I don't ever recall Jim or anyone else telling someone
that they are going to hell unless you hold their particular beliefs.
As an evangelical Christian, I would disagree with your evaluation about
the basic message of Christianity.

All I'm asking is for a little civility in our discussions about
religion.  I think that some people on this list are unaware that their
comments come across as demeaning and derogatory to those who hold
faith-based worldviews.

Thanks for listening.

Rod Hetzel
Department of Psychology
LeTourneau University
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Great are the works of the Lord;
They are studied by all who delight in them."
(Psalm 111:2)