Title: Re: scary, isn't it?
Nope, wasn't Ted Nugent, nor was it George Carlin, who was given credit earlier.  So maybe Rip Pisacreta can start taking credit.

See either the Urban Legends website (snopes.com) or www.truthorfiction.com

Beth Benoit
University System of New Hampshire

Here is a copy of the essay called "Am I a Bad
American".
"I'm A Bad American" was written by Ted Nugent, the
rock singer and
hunter/naturalist, upon hearing that California
Senators B. Boxer and
D. Feinstein denounced him for being a "gun owner" and
a "rock star."

This was his response after telling the senators about
his past
contributions to children's charities and scholarship
foundations ? which have
totaled more than $13.7 million in the last five
years.

I'm A Bad American - this pretty much sums it up for
me.

I like  big trucks, big boats, big houses, and
naturally, pretty women.

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my
family, not some
mid-level governmental functionary with a bad
comb-over who wants  to give it
away to crack addicts squirting out babies.

I don't  care about appearing compassionate. I think
playing with toy
guns doesn't make you a killer. I believe ignoring
your kids and  giving
them Prozac might.

I think I'm doing better than the homeless. I don't
think being a
minority makes you noble or victimized. I have the
right not to be tolerant of
others  because they are different, weird or make me
mad.

This is my life to live, and not necessarily up to
others'
expectations.

I know what SEX is and there are not varying  degrees
of it.

I don't celebrate Kwanzaa. But if you want to that's
fine; just don't
feel like everyone else should have to.

I believe that if you are selling me a Dairy Queen
shake, a pack of
cigarettes, or a hotel room -- you do it in English.
As of  matter of
fact, if you are an American citizen you should speak
English.

My uncles and forefathers shouldn't have had to die in
vain so you can
leave the countries you were born in to come
disrespect ours, and ! make
us bend to your will. Get over it.

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry
ass if  you're
running from them after they tell you to stop. If you
can't understand
the word 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the
previous line.

I don't use the excuse "It's for the children" as a sh
ield for
unpopular opinions or actions.

I know how to count votes and I feel much safer
letting a machine with
no political affiliation do a recount when needed.

I know what the definition of lying is, and it isn't
based on the word
"is" -- ever.

I don't think that, just because you were not born in
this country,
you qualify for any special loan programs,
government-sponsored bank loans,
etc., so you can open a hotel, 7-Eleven,  trinket
shop, or anything
else, while the indigenous peoples can't get past a
high school education
because they can't afford it.

I didn't take the initiative in inventing the
Internet.

I thought  the Taco Bell dog was funny.

I want them to bring back safe  and sane fireworks.

I believe no one ever died because of something Ozzy
Osbourne, Ice-T or
Marilyn Manson sang, but that  doesn't mean I want to
listen to that
crap from someone else's  car when I'm stopped at a
red light. But I respect
your right to.

I think that being a student doesn't give you any more
enlightenment
than working at Blockbuster or Jack In The Box.

I  don't want to eat or drink anything with the words
light, lite or
fat-free on the package.

Our soldiers did not go to some foreign country and
risk their lives in
vain and defend our Constitution ? so that decades
later you can tell
me it's a living document, ever changing and open to
interpretation. The
guys who wrote it were light years ahead of anyone
today, and they meant
what they s! aid.  Now leave the document alone, or
there's going to be
trouble.

I don't hate the rich.

I help the poor.

I know wrestling is fake.

I've never owned, or was, a slave ? and a large
percentage  of our
forefathers weren't wealthy enough to own one, either.
Please stop
blaming me because some prior white peop le were
idiots ? and remember, tons of
white, Indian, Chinese, and other  races have been
enslaved too -- it
was wrong for every one of them.

I believe a self-righteous liberal with a cause is
more dangerous  than
a Hell's Angel with an attitude.

I want to know exactly  which church is it where the
"Reverend" Jessie
Jackson preaches;  and what exactly is his job
function.

I own a gun, you can own a gun, and any red-blooded
American should be
allowed to own a gun, but if you use it in a crime,
then you will
serve the time.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny
he made and I
hope he continues to make more. If it makes you mad,
then invent the next
operating system that's better and put your name on
the building. Ask
your buddy that invented the Internet to help you.

I don't believe in hate crime legislation. Even
suggesting it makes me
mad. You're telling me that someone who is a minority,
gay, disabled,
another nationality, or otherwise different from the
mainstream of this country
has more value as a human being than I do as a white
male. If someone kills
anyone, I'd say that it's a hate crime. We don't need
more laws! Let's
enforce the  ones we already have.

I think turkey bacon, turkey beef, turkey fake
anything sucks.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a
child ? it  takes a
parent with the guts to stand up to the kid and spank
his butt and say
"NO!" when it's necessary to do so.
I'll admit that  the only movie that ever made me cry
was Ole Yeller.

I didn't realize Dr. Seuss was a genius until I had a
kid.

I will not be frowned upon or be looked down upon or
be  made to keep
silent because I have these beliefs and opinions.

I thought this country allowed me that right. I will
not conform or
compromise just to keep from hurtin g somebody's
feelings.  I'm neither
angry nor disenfranchised, no matter how desperately
the mainstream
media would like the world to believe otherwise.

Yes, I guess by some people's definition,  I may be a
bad American. But
that's tough.

Rip Pisacreta, Ph.D.
Professor, Psychology,