Patrick,
Attached is a form I devised as a way for students grade each other within
their group.  The only problem I found was a tendency for students to give
each other either very high grades or dismal grades.  They seemed to have a
problem with that bell curve concept...  But at least I got a peek at the
dynamics of each group.  Naturally I tried to be alert if only one group
member scored a person in their group much differently from others in the
group.  (Was he/she the only honest one or did he/she have a personal
problem with the student?)  If this happened, I would contact each group
member (including the disputed member) and these personal interviews were
usually quite telling.

Beth Benoit
University System of New Hampshire