TIPSters,
One of my Intro students asked if a person who is color blind has a better
perception of movement - particularly peripheral movement.  Since the rods
take over for missing cones, and a person who is color blind has fewer or no
cones, could there be a difference?

Here are her words:

"My husband who is color blind and doesn't really have good vision either
has excellent perception when it comes to seeing animals in the woods. He
seems them because of movement and it is not center vision when he does see
them. I often thought it curious that someone with limited accuity would
have an above average abitilty to pick out animals from the background."

Thanks,
Beth Benoit
University System of New Hampshire