At 6:52 AM -0800 12/2/02, sylvestm wrote:
is it true that the minorah comes from Greece?

I have no idea, since I have no idea what a minorah is.
If you mean Menorah, the answer is no.
Oil lamps are quite old.

is there a scientific explanation as to why
a oil lamp which is supposed to last for one day
lasted for eight days?

No, since it's not a scientific question.
It's a myth invented rather recently to change a military holiday into a spiritual one.

--
* PAUL K. BRANDON [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Psychology Dept Minnesota State University, Mankato *