Hello everyone,

Well I would appreciate any of you who are able and willing to
offer some advice on matter I've been dealing with.

Here's the situation: I have two large sections of Intro Psych.
Their final grades are typically based on six term tests (93%)
and experimental credits (7%).  Now, this year, due in part to
overwhelming student support (no surprise!) and due in part, perhaps,
to my own extra-sympathetic tendencies at this time of year (particularly,
given the larger context of everything that's going on) I've decided
to drop the lowest mark, and base the 93% on the best 5 test marks.

Now, this was not in the original syllabus last September, and was only
introduced just very recently.  But, there is still one more test to write.
I know there are going to be students (those who will be going into
the last test with an A or an A+) who will now certainly not put very much
effort into this test.  I've said that everyone still needs to write the
last test.

My question is this:  should I just go all the way, since I've gone this
far, and allow
this last test to be optional (as a few students have asked)?

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Mike

Mike Lee, MA
Dept of Psychology
University of Manitoba