From: Nathalie Cote [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 9:13 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences
Subject: Kinesthesis and Proprioception activities

Good morning, TIPSters. I don't usually teach much about kinesthesis,
proprioception, and movement disorders, but my Neuropsych students have
expressed an interest in exploring those areas this year so I'm doing my
best to meet the challenge. I'm looking for relatively brief classroom
demonstrations and activities in these areas, and I've search the Web
including OTRP and TOPSS and TIPS archives but the only thing I've
turned up is a motor processing activity Web site at Bryn Mawr that
Kalat lists in the instructor's manual for his textbook. I may end up
using that but it's rather long and involved. Can you recommend any
recources or describe what you use in your classes? I'd particularly
like activities that disrupt normal movement and that demonstrate the
complexity and integration of multiple systems involved in normal
movement.
Thanks for the help,
Nathalie

*****