Rod Hetzel wrote:

> Hey folks.  Does anyone have any recommendations for websites that have
> humorous or uplifting news stories?  I teach a large (60+) intro class
> and am trying to do something at the beginning of each class to grab
> their attention and personalize things a bit.  News stories that are
> current and timely and that tie in some psychology concept would be
> great. For example, the other day someone sent me an article about a
> Mars Hills College student who undressed in the middle of a class when
> her professor told her that anyone who would disrobe would receive an A.
> [...]

Sounds a great idea. It could be extended so that the instructor asks
questions to each student in turn, and if the student gets the answer
wrong he/she has to remove one item of clothing. This continues round the
class until the end of the lesson. It could bring a whole new meaning to
the saying “Saved by the bell”!

Allen Esterson
Former lecturer, Science Department
Southwark College, London