Rick Froman already called me on that: Aubyn is a man (judging by the
beard, anyway), with a fascinating website:

http://www.puc.edu/Faculty/Aubyn_Fulton/fulton/.

My mistake, and yes, those mental pictures do color our
interpretations. Interesting point.

Paul Smith
Alverno College
Milwaukee

On 6/15/06, Annette Taylor, Ph. D. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> that hasn't happened to Aubyn, has it? I can
> confidently say that it never occurred to me to start dismissing her
> contributions,

Wow, I thought Aubyn was a man's name. I think we all make mental
pictures of people we've never met. AND I think those mental pictures
color how we interpret the missives from those people--which is
probably not a good thing. Anyway, Aubyn, what are you, man or woman?

Annette

Annette Kujawski Taylor, Ph. D.
Professor of Psychology
University of San Diego